Top Ten List of Countries Using the Most Water
According to published reports, here are the annual water "footprint" stats for the top ten water-using countries around the world.
2. The "urbanization" of countries around the globe. As populations become more urbanized, the demand for water from local utilities increases.
3. As the quality of life improves in many countries, there is an increase in water consumption.
According to published reports*, here are the annual water "footprint" stats for the top ten water-using countries around the world:
- China: 1.5 billion people, 362 trillion gallons annually
- United States: 300 million people, 216 trillion gallons
- Brazil: 175 million people, 95 trillion gallons
- Russia: 143 million people, 71 trillion gallons
- Mexico: 100 million people, 53 trillion gallons
- India: 1.1 billion people, 30 trillion gallons
- England: 60 million people, 20 trillion gallons
- France: 60 million people, 20 trillion gallons
- Canada: 33 million people, 19 trillion gallons
- Australia: 20 million people, 12 trillion gallons
"These water footprint statistics, which indicate water consumption in each country, is the total amount of fresh water used in these countries for home consumption, industrial use, agriculture, livestock, irrigation, etc.," says Klaus Reichardt, CEO and founder of Waterless Co., Inc. which manufactures no-water urinals.
"We must reduce water consumption and use water much more efficiently," Reichardt concludes.
Waterless Co. Inc. has established a well-respected reputation as being an innovative manufacturer of no-water urinal systems. Based in Vista, Ca, the 25 year-old company is the oldest manufacturer of waterless urinals in North America. The company manufactures a full line of Waterless No-Flush urinals, cleaning liquids, and cost saving accessories. Visit: www.waterless.com